Rust Server Rules
- Rust & Discord Server Chat
Racism, Sexism, Discrimination and Swearing are not allowed. Violators will be banned.
Racism and Sexism will result in a Permanent Ban
Toxicity = Players will be warned and then dealt with.
Disrespecting Admins or Staff with also result in a Ban. Spreading rumors or false information is not allowed. If you are not sure, ask a Moderator if it’s not on the server info page. Violators may be kicked or temporary banned.
- Offensive Material
Offensive material is a very subjective arena. Signs depicting bigotry or offensive slurs will be removed by Moderators without warning, and potentially; further action(s) may ensue at our discretion.
- Cheating, Hacking, Exploits, Smurf Accounts
AJR-Gaming Server tools to help in detecting Aim-bots, No-recoil you have been warned.
Attempting to bypass the group limit on group limit servers will result in temporary bans.
- Smurf Accounts = Permanent Ban
If a player is game banned or banned from AJR server for any reason, they are not allowed to evade that ban and play again on a new account. When we catch players doing this, they will be banned again for Ban Evasion. Associating with these players on a new account, can and often will result in a ban for individuals or an entire team, depending on the circumstances. We do not expect people to know the complete history of every individual they play with at any point. However, when clear and indisputable proof of players helping others evade is available to moderators, the involved player(s) will face a ban from AJR servers as well.
- Real-life Threats
Any form of real-life treats sent or communicated to any player playing on the servers. Will get you permanently banned from all the servers and all your details will be shared with the service providers and Police.
Rules for Noob Friendly Servers
- KoS means killing a player upon seeing them.
- If the server is Noob Friendly it is a reduced KoS server, meaning that while KoS can still happen, it’s frowned upon, and continual KoS will get you temporary banned. The reason for this is to allow new players to acclimate to how Rust is played, without being thrown in on the deep end, or gutting/changing the core game that Rust is.
Continual KOS = Temporary 2 Day Ban
- Not all killing is KoS.
- KoS is allowed in and around the monument’s borders (One Block Border).
- Places with names on the maps Qualify as Monuments
- Outpost is exempt from this and is a safe zone.
- KoS is allowed at airdrops and Crates, both player-called and daily event airdrops.
- KoS is allowed during events such as attack Helicopter and Cargo Ship, but only with those who have engaged the attack Helicopter or Cargo Ship.
- Please note, if you hear gunshots and you run towards them, expect to get killed – this is not KoS
- Raiding, Door Camping and Griefing
- Raiding refers to when a player or a group infiltrates a base in order to obtain loot from inside. Generally, there are multiple methods to enter a base, some require the use of explosives, but there are methods that do not require explosives. In our definition, raiding without explosives is still a raid.
- We view the looting phase of a raid as part of a raid. If raiders are carting loot from a raid base, and are door camped or KoS while carting raid loot, this is still part of a raid – even if it happens 12 hours or 2 days later. The involvement of a raid base or raid loot makes it a raid.
- Door camping refers to someone sitting outside a base door with a shotgun. When the base owner opens the door, he’s killed, leaving the door open for the camper to walk in (going deep). This is a form of raiding but can also be pretty toxic. As such, door camping with the intention to raid will be allowed, but door camping for the purpose of griefing is not allowed and will get you banned.
- As a means to mitigate door camping, it’s best to build an airlock (two doors) so that only one can be caught open. It won’t hurt adding a window or lookout point so you can see if your passage is clear before leaving your base.
A person who does things to be mean and causing people grief is a griefer. Generally, if someone is griefing, no one wins. For example, infiltrating a base and blocking the base up is griefing. Only the griefer gets joy out of causing the other person to suffer. Griefing is toxic behaviour and not permitted on this server. Classic examples of griefing include:
- Harassing another player.
- Building players in
- Blocking their base
How to report issues:
- All issues are to be reported to an admin or moderator via Email or on our Discord Server (https://www.ajrgaming.com/servers/)(https://discord.gg/dTeqpCx). No other methods will be acted on. Please do not report an issue by posting on an admin’s profile.
- Admins are not always online and thus they aren’t always aware of issues. We rely on players to present us with information. We then do our own digging and in view of the rules we make a decision.
- Investigating an issue takes up a lot of time and as such admins do not appreciate people abusing the rules to get rid of people they dislike or outplay them – that’s not what the rules are there for.
- We advise all players to have the ability to record their gameplay using something like shadowplay if you have a NVidia GPU or ReLive if you have an AMD GPU.